[X4U] Problems authenticating with airport.

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Sat Oct 23 18:31:07 PDT 2004

Does anybody know why in a highrise I have to attempt to connect
multiple times before I get a successfull connection?

Specifically, I select my basestation but I frequently get the error
trying to join network panel but when I keep trying it eventually
connects. But when it finally connects it has no problem staying
connected.

So why is it so unreliable authenticating?

I'm operating on a channel that most folks aren't using in my building.

I'm using WEP since I cannot use WPA as I'm not using an Exteme card.