[X4U] Immediately deleting files/folders off Startup Drive

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Sun Oct 24 22:54:05 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Something has gone awry on my Mac recently. Whenever I send files or
folders that reside on my startup partition (I have 4 partitions) to the
trash (drag & drop or Command-delete) I get a warning message telling me
that they will be deleted immediately. If I trash anything from any of the
other partitions it simply moves to the trash.

I don't remember seeing a preference for this but I'd like to turn it
off/make it go away if possible - or at least be able to turn it on and
off when I want it. ;-}

I've checked privileges on various items in my startup drive and on the
drive itself and all seems as it should.

I'm not sure if it happened after I ran repair permissions or if it has
continued to happen despite repairing permissions - it was a while ago.

Apart from repairing permissions again - just in case, any other thoughts?

Cojcolds