[X4U] Excel help?

Mary C.Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 26 05:31:05 PDT 2004

> The gridlines you see when making the spreadsheet in Excel are simply
> for reference while making it.  They don't print, and I assume they
> don't show up when you save it as a web page.
> To put gridlines in, select the cells you want to have gridlines around
> them.  In the format menu, select Format Cells.  There's a borders
> panel which lets you select which lines you want to print out.
>
> Stephen

Yes--we'd discovered the format menu, but the selected borders didn't
stay intact when we Saved as Web Page. I had found some explanations
online that seem to indicate it should work--or does work in the
Windows version, which is why I am particularly interested in finding
Mac specific Excel lists or help. I want to know if I'm doing something
wrong, or whether it just doesn't work for the Mac 2004 version.

Thank you Fabian, Phillip, Stephen, B-r-u -c-e, and Paul for your
help--I'll give the various tips, forums and sites suggested a try. I
really appreciate you all taking the time to reply.

Mary