[X4U] Opener Malware

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Oct 26 20:03:51 PDT 2004

Carol Weber Mckee said:

>Has anybody else found Opener Malware on their computer?  I found it by
>going to find and typing in "opener."  I have been reading it about it.
>  I wonder if it is responsible for changing my password on ebay.

I have legitimate software on my computer with the word "Opener" in the
name.

I think that folks need to sit back, take a deep breath, and relax.  As
far as anyone can tell, the Opener malware doesn't exist in the wild, and
it would be difficult for it to be successfully installed on your
computer even if it was.

I think that you should first consider ascribing any problems that you
are having with your Mac to alternate explanations before you become
hysterical about it possibly being malware.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html