[X4U] Ethernet out??

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Oct 28 16:37:15 PDT 2004

> Can an ethernet on a G4/933 (10.3.5) go broke?  I can't make a
> connection.  I changed the cable, but still can't make a connection.
>
> Paul Moortgat

Something else to consider is what is on the other end of the CAT5 cable.
I've had seriously bad luck with the ports on Ethernet Switches.  I've got
one 8-port switch with 5 dead ports, and I finally had to toss the 24-port
switch I replaced it with as it wasn't handling 10Mbit reliably.

OTOH, I'm starting to wonder about my G5 2x2's ethernet port, as I do seem
to be having network issues with it.  Though in my case it could be software
also, I simply haven't had time to troubleshoot the system.  :^(

			Zane