[X4U] Ethernet out??

Mark Philip markphilip at christian.net
Sat Oct 30 10:57:26 PDT 2004

On Sunday, Oct 31, 2004, at 01:08 Asia/Singapore, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> Does someone know a software to test my ethernet connection.  I still
> can't surf.  I added an ethernet card with zero result.

Hi Paul.
The first thing you need to do is to do a ping test.
Run Network Utility and check what the IP address on your network card
is (if it has been assigned one).

Execute the following command:
Ping (you can use the Terminal or the Ping tab in Network Utility [in
10.2]) 127.0.0.1.

This will ping the internal loopback adapter in the NIC to test that
the TCP/IP protocol is functioning.

Let us know how that goes.
--
Best,