[X4U] Skype

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Sun Oct 31 08:02:34 PST 2004

On Oct 29, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> I used Skype for the first time this evening and called a friend in
> Denmark for free.  He had called a friend in Australia for free.  Free
> is only when both use a computer.  It's 0,17 Euro cent. (zero point
> one seven) Cent when one call a hand phone from your (in our case)
> Mac.
> Give it a try from http://www.skype.com and the soft is for free.  A
> headset is recommended but not needed.
>
> Paul Moortgat

I have been using Skype for a little over a month with great success
between San Diego and central Mexico, as well as other locales. Very
clear with very few drop outs. We did notice that the connection will
drop if there is a lot of IP activity on your local gateway. This is
not a flaw in Skype, though. Definitely a product/service worth
investigating.

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com