[X4U] Obscure preferences files - mail.app sigs & printing presets

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 14 18:00:54 PDT 2004

Hihi,

When I set up my Powerbook a month or so ago, I copied across
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist along with a number of other
prefs files from my desktop, and managed to save much mucking about
reproducing my the configurations it has taken months to get right.

I only seem to be missing two things that bug me.

1) The laptop has none of my signatures in Mail.app

2) When I go to print on my desktop I have a pair of "Presets" in the
dropdown which I configured myself. They are labelled "Manual duplex -
first run" &  "Manual duplex - second run" - one of them prints only
odd pages (set via the "paper handling" drop-down), the other only even
pages. I choose the first one, remove the paper when it's finished,
place it in the manual-feed tray & finally select the second preset on
a second print run; this gives me double-sided output.

Does anyone know where the files for these settings are kept, please..?

Stroller.