[X4U] re: wireless network

Donna Ellis•Mitchell Senft senft at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 16 01:52:51 PDT 2004

Thanks for all the quick responses. However, they somewhat miss the
mark, maybe because I didn't emphasize the most perplexing thing which
is the wireless network issue. That is, in no particular order:

What cards do the iBook G3 and 4 year old iMac take, if at all? Are
they still available? It looks like the iBook takes an Airport card,
but not Airport Extreme. The iMac I'm unsure about.

Does this "original" Airport card work with the Airport Express unit?
If so, how well? Or do I have options?

For that matter, is this Wi-Fi stuff generic enough that I don't need
Apple hardware? If so, again, what "generic" cards would be
recommended?

Thanks,

	Mitchell