[X4U] Belkin as good as Airport?

Peter Hummers phummers at iname.com
Mon Sep 20 03:05:00 PDT 2004

>Can this replace Airport if one hasn't Airport?  See at OWC
><http://eshop.macsales.com/Item_MailList.cfm?ID=7179&Item=BLKF5D6050>
>
>Paul Moortgat

This is the same specification as Airport - 802.11b (Airport 'Extreme' also
does 802.11g, which is faster.)

802.11b is 11 Mbps speed; 802.11g is ~54 Mbps. As Joe Black points out in
another message, both are faster than a DSL or cable internet connection.

This Belkin thingie will work with an Airport base station; also with any
third-party 802.11b or g (aka "WiFi") base station.

This also looks like maybe just the thing for my old Rev. A iMac, which I'm
preparing for X. Otherwise I can ethernet to our base station while the
other computers in the house use their Airport cards.

-Peter Hummers
==
Are you a Libertarian? Take the World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz