[X4U] Windows for Warships

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Sep 20 10:32:42 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 07:22:35AM -0700, Vicki Allwardt wrote:
:
: Recently someone posted that the airport shut down on the west coast
: was due to a Windows program.  When I reported that info to my nephew
: whose wife got caught in it, he sent me this article.  Very sobering
: information.
:
: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09/06/ams_goes_windows_for_warships/

Cool.  I wonder who will get the honor of crashing the Royal Navy?
Russian script kiddies?  European script kiddies?  American script
kiddies?  Al Quaeda script kiddies?  Army of God script kiddies?

If the Royal Navy were to enter a miliary conflict, have their
Windoze system crash, and lose the fight, it's their own fault.
Heaven help any nation stupid enough to depend on the Royal Navy
and its insecure computer M$ infrastructure for military support.

The wise reader will of course see that BAE Systems is getting a
huge payoff to convert the Royal Navy to M$ Windoze.  Humanity's
greed will lead to its eventual extinction.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/