[X4U] Problems with Chase credit card site? check this out

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Sep 21 21:09:33 PDT 2004

On 09/21/04, Michael Elliott <michaelelliott at mac.com> wrote:

> When I log onto www.chase.com, and select to enroll as a new account
> (which you can check out...it's the registration portion that's the
> problem) when i try to enter a social security number, it hangs on the
> middle digits...won't let me enter the numbers.  This occurs in both
> Safari and IE under OS X 10.3.5 with the most recent security updates
> applied.
>
> Anyone else have the same problem?  It looks like the interface is a
> java/javascript thingamabob
>
> I just "fixed" it by typing my 2 digit # into Text Edit, copying it,
> entering the field and hitting command-V

Then you have a problem with your installation. Try running the 10.3.5
Combo updater again and then checking for any updates using Software
Update. I just went to that site, with 10.3.5 and Safari 1.2.3 v 125.9, and
didn't have any problem entering any data. If you start at the form's top,
enter data, and use the tab key to go to the next box, you may overcome
your difficulties.