[X4U] Re Extracting audio from DVD (Vol 1, Issue 11)

P. H. Adams phadams at mac.com
Wed Sep 22 13:02:03 PDT 2004

The best way that I've found to do this is by using the free 0SEx to
rip the audio and a52decX to convert the audio to MP3 (since you want
to record directly to CD you may not need that step). Here are some
online tutorials, with links:

<http://home.comcast.net/~appleguru/dvdrip.html>
<http://shep.thefridgeowl.com/tutorial/files/0SEx.html>

I also like WireTap, but it records all audio on the computer,
including system alert sounds, etc., which may interfere with your
recording.

-patch