[X4U] .Mac retail purchase...can I use it to continue an existing subscription?

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sat Sep 25 12:48:38 PDT 2004

Hi All,

My .Mac account is about to expire in a week.  I renewed it last year,
but I'm not entirely sure about renewing it this year.  The main
feature I find I use is iDisk for continuous backup of important
documents.

I've seen advertisements like this at buy.com:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=20361904&dcaid=1688

where a year of .Mac service is available for $75.99.  However, the
emails I get direct from Apple still quote a $99 subscription.

Can I purchase this .Mac retail box, and still use whatever coupon or
activation code is there to continue my current subscription (e.g. the
MichaelElliott at mac.com address/idisk/etc.)?

Michael