[X4U] Mail won't default to proper server

Michael Wines miwine at mac.com
Sun Sep 26 07:42:19 PDT 2004

Hello; returning to the list after a lengthy absence.

Can anyone help with the foloing? I have two Mail accounts: a mac.com
account and a second account which is accessed via a VPN. Mac.com is
the default account. The problem: after tapping into the VPN account,
terminating the VPN connection and switching back to mac.com,  all
outgoing mail attempts to send using the smtp server designated for the
VPN account. (In other words, I can select mac.com as the mailbox in
use, but outgoing mail is not routed to the stmp:mac.com server.)
Nothing seems to solve this except quitting Mail and relaunching, and
sometimes not even that helps. My tech support guy at my company says
he has heard similar complaints from other OS X users who log in via
VPN. Has anyone heard of this, or have a suggestion? Thanks.