[X4U] iTunes playlist question

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 26 08:01:04 PDT 2004

On Sep 26, 2004, at 4:00 am, Geno Endicott wrote:

> I have tried to look thru the files but is there a way to change the
> playlist and ipod preferences without opening iTunes? Like changing a
> text file or such?

I don't have an iPod, but if you send me one I'll be glad to do more
research:

   ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist

plist files are in XML, so a text-editor doesn't really cut it very
well. If you have Developer Tools installed, then `open
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist` will open the preferences
in an XML editor, the surprisingly-named "plist editor".

HTH,

Stroller.