[X4U] Where Entourage stores its messages

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 1 01:42:15 PST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 8:06 am, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Just curious but is Spotlight going to support mail stored by
> Entourage?

Of course! The question is, are Microsoft going to release an Entourage
plugin for Spotlight?
I'm afraid you'd have to ask them that, although I wouldn't be
surprised if a 3rd-part plugin were to appear in time.

This article gives an overview on how Spotlight  works - it's a bit
lightweight, but page 11 explains how each the Spotlight database needs
a plug-in in order to access information for each application.
<http://images.apple.com/macosx/tiger/pdf/
Spotlight_Tech_Preview_20050111.pdf>

Stroller.