[X4U] Keeping messages Unread until further notice

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Fri Apr 1 03:09:25 PST 2005

Hello:
	In Mail.app (Mac OS X Panther), is there a way to make Mail *not* mark
messages as read when they are viewed in the preview pane?  I really
like using the preview pane, but every mail program I've used in the
past always included an option to "mark messages as read after XX
seconds", which can be disabled.  I know there is nothing about this in
the Mail Preferences window, but I was wondering if anybody knew of a
"hidden" preference that could be added to the com.apple.mail.plist
file, such as "DoNotMarkAsReadAutomatically".  I've experimented with a
few obvious keys with no results. :(

	In any case, reading around, I've found a few of these hidden
preferences that people have "discovered".  Does anybody know if there
is a list posted somewhere containing all of them, maybe even by Apple?
  I know that even Qualcomm used to post its own advanced INI settings
for Eudora on their web page...

	Thanks in advance!
	dZ.

--
"Bastard Operators don't just win.  Anyone can win.  Bastard Operators
win and totally demoralise.  That's real winning."

	-- BOfH