[X4U] Apple script and numbering

FC Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Fri Apr 1 05:11:42 PST 2005

> on 05/03/29 05:53, Bill White at billwhite at mac.com wrote:

>> On 3/28/05 9:40 PM, Jerry Krinock <jerry at ieee.org> wrote:
>
>>> on 05/03/26 05:56, FC Farwell at frankfarwell at mac.com wrote:
>>
>>> How would one write an apple script for AppleWorks that will find
>>> numbers,
>>> starting with a certain number let's say 10 for example in a pages
>>> of text
>>> and raise each one it finds to the next highest number?
>>>
>> If this is possible, I would say it would take an AppleScript expert
>> at least
>> an hour to get this running and debugged.
snip

>  are you trying to replace all 10s with 11s, 11s
> with 12s, etc? Is would be simple to modify to do that.

Yes this is correct

>> Bill, I shall admit that you are much smarter at AppleScript than I
>> am.  Go
>> for it!!

Jerry,

Bill came up with a script that does this fairly well and is saving me
a fair amount of time so that i don't have to go though and renumber
them all by hand over and over. The quote levels in this note are all
messed up here so if the text does not go with your post my apologies.

Thanks Bill!

FC Farwell