[X4U] OT-Applecare activation question

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sat Apr 2 22:44:40 PST 2005

Off-topic question, so ignore the thread if you're not interested.

I've got a question for those familiar with AppleCare.

When you purchase the AppleCare retail box for a product such as an
iBook, I assume that there is a registration process.  Does Apple ask
for proof of date of purchase of both the AppleCare product and the
computer it is covering?

For example, I purchase an iBook and an AppleCare for iBook retail box.
  The iBook has a 1-year warranty.  I never register the AppleCare
during that time...does the extended warranty still apply (can I
provide receipts showing when AppleCare was purchased?)

Can someone purchase an AppleCare retail box in anticipation of buying
a new computer, and wait to purchase the computer later?

Michael