[X4U] Un-erase?

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Apr 4 01:01:26 PDT 2005

Richard Gilmore said:

>Is there any way to un-erase a file? I deleted something important by
>mistake. I didn't have Norton or any other utility installed at the time of
>the erase.

The common wisdom is that under OS X (unlike OS 8/9), deleted files are
re-written over immediately.  So there is just about no possibility of
you recovering your file, even if you go to a hard drive recovery service.

However, I've heard that VirtualLab is able to do it!:
http://www.binarybiz.com/vlab/mac.php
There is a free demo, so you may want to try it.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html