[X4U] Virtual PC 7 quite brittle...

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Mon Apr 4 06:51:48 PDT 2005

On 4/4/05 6:39 AM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> Well it is pathetic to have ended up in a non-bootable configuration
> just because I had to reset via the power button.
>
> Can you imagine that happening in OSX?

I'm sure you're frustrated, but you should remember two things:

First, it was your Macintosh that locked up and needed rebooting.

Second, what was corrupted and wouldn't work afterwards was information
ordinarily handled by a Macintosh program (the Windows emulator). So,
perhaps VPC isn't as robust as it should be. I don't think one can cite this
as yet another example of how the Mac OS is more robust than Windows. It's
entirely possible that Intel Hardware would have handled this crash with no
problems whatsoever.

Jim Robertson