[X4U] Little teeny icon in the URL bar

Kevin Lee Allen klad at klad.com
Tue Apr 5 08:54:11 PDT 2005

That little 32pixelx32pixel icon must be called "favicon.ico" and be=20
placed at the root level of your site. I save out of PhotoShop as a=20
JPEG and change the file extension. In theory, the browsers that see=20
these little fellows will find the file, or you can add this code to=20
your pages:

<link rel=3D"shortcut icon" href=3D"/favicon.ico" type=3D"image/x-icon">

On Apr 5, 2005, at 9:45 AM, Jesse Leo wrote:

> OT here, but any webheads out there know how to get that little icon=20=

> to show
> up before your URL in the browser bar (www.macaddict.com for example)?
>
> I think the file must be in .ico format, how is that format created?=20=

> Any
> tips you all have would be great.

-----
Kevin Lee Allen