[X4U] Cannot create dmg from Turbo Tax Deluxe 2003 CD?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Apr 6 08:47:02 PDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 2:24 AM, John Baltutis wrote:

> On 04/06/05, Robert Nicholson <robert at elastica.com> wrote:
>>
>> I know it's a year old but I wanted to know if anybody was able to
>> create a DMG of their Turbo Tax Deluxe 2003 CD last year. I'd rather
>> not have to have the CDs at hand each time I have to review my return.
>
> Why? It's useless without having the updates applied. I usually just
> leave
> each year on my HD for a couple of years (they run less than a couple
> hundred MB).

For longer term access, I "print" the whole thing out as a PDF as well
as keeping a paper copy. At least with a PDF I'm reasonably sure I'll
have access a few years down the road when I may be running a different
OS on a different computer that may not be compatible with an old bit
of software.

-Mike