[X4U] Ethernet Settings

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Apr 6 12:20:12 PDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 07:39:41AM -0500, Brad Mosher <bmosher at perryjudds.com> wrote:
:
: I have migrated a handful of Mac's (various vintage, G4 400's up to dual
: 1.25GHz) to OS X. Operators complain that network speeds have dropped off
: from OS 9. And they have. I can boot a G4 400 into OS 9 and OS X, and 9 will
: have significantly higher transfer rates. They are plugged into a Cisco
: switch, addresses are manually entered by me using information given to me
: by IT. Nothing else has changed.

What does "significantly higher transfer rates" mean?  Numbers help.
What does "ifconfig en0" report?  Are you running half-duplex when
you're supposed to be running full-duplex?  Any link errors?  MTU
setting?

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/