[X4U] ATA hard drives

Ben Gold bgold at acedsl.com
Wed Apr 6 13:54:35 PDT 2005

I have a g4 400 mhz that I want to add a lot of storage to.

Firewire is one option, but I think I'd like to just add some ATA
drives internally.  Its been awhile since I've had to purchase a hard
drive.  Any recommendations on large ATA drives?

I'm looking for maybe 2 300 gig drives or something around that (not
sure what size ATA drives are up to).

And what drives can I use... the g4 is ultra ATA?   what drives can't I
use (I believe I cannot use SATA drives)?

any info appreciated, sorry for the generalized question,

Ben