[X4U] Re: PowerBook won't awaken from sleep: hardware problem?

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Thu Apr 7 06:50:56 PDT 2005

On 4/6/05 7:03 PM, "Brett Conlon" <brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au> wrote:

> Tried booting off an external drive with another OS and see if it still
> does it?

Turns out the problem was in the a/c powerbrick adaper's male plug for the
PowerBook.  I took the PB to my Apple Store with a charged battery but no
power brick, booted up to show my problem, and there WAS no problem. Once I
mentioned that the glow ring around the plug would "stutter" sometimes, the
genius was quite sure that was the problem. I returned with the "brick", he
verified the problem, and he provided me a replacement on the spot after
confirming my AppleCare. Quite impressive service, especially from one of
the new "mini" stores.

Jim Robertson