[X4U] How to play songs in iTunes without pause

Edward Hillenbrand contact at verticaleye.net
Sat Apr 9 19:54:15 PDT 2005

On Apr 9, 2005, at 2:32 PM, DZ-Jay wrote:

>>> [...] select two or more adjacent songs and choose Advanced > Join
>>> CD Tracks."
>>
>> That's only when you import songs from a CD.
>
> Exactly.  I had just discovered that feature, but it doesn't really
> help me, as I would have to treat the entire CD as 1 song, and loose
> the per-song name and author information.

Are you importing the tracks as MP3s?  Apparently the gap is a problem
with the MP3 format.

See the following threads:
<http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20020116002112531>
<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.os.os2.multimedia/msg/
7cf46c4511624458>

The solution is to import the tracks in AIFF and set crossfade playback
to zero.  I just tried it with a Donald Glaude CD and it works
perfectly.  The downside is AIFF results in large files.

I also tried ACC format, but it still had a noticeable gap. I'm going
to try Apple Lossless now and I'll post the results when I'm done.

-- Edward