[X4U] iCal

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Wed Apr 13 05:42:48 PDT 2005

On 13 Apr 2005, at 13:23, verduron wrote:

> I am finally using iCal [I forgot to pay my quarterly income tax!]
> One thing which does not seem to work for me is the alarm system. I am
> setting the function " send an e-mail message", let's say, 5 days
> before the event to remind myself of the big day. So far all my tests
> have failed. NO e-mail message in my box. I have changed the
> parameters from 24 hours to several days but still NO message. What am
> I not understanding? TIA

Are you sure you've set the right email address? It happened to me
several times to select old email adresses I wasn't using anymore
(until I guessed how to remove them), and, of course, never getting
them.

Another question. i'm using Mail as default, are you using some other
reader? (don't know if that might be the problem).

Silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.8
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.3.8/17" display
Cambridge UK