[X4U] Turn on file sharing from the Terminal?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Wed Apr 13 18:47:55 PDT 2005

Sooo....  If I type the lines below in the terminal, it will turn on
file sharing?  Keep in mind that I cannot see what I am typing.  If I
screw this up, will it completely hose the OS?

What if I copy a com.apple.sharing.firewall.plist from a computer that
does have file sharing turned on into the other computer's
/Library/Preferences (via target mode).  It will be difficult to get
the file into the proper place on the damaged computer since I don't
even know if it will recognize another computer in target mode, not to
mention the authentication issues getting /Library access on the
damaged computer.  It's not fun running blind...

Thanks,

Peter