[X4U] A disappearing Excel formatting pallette

Keith Whaley keith_w at dslextreme.com
Thu Apr 14 08:44:14 PDT 2005

Hi Jake,

Jake Benson wrote:
>> Thanks kirk- did you mean an excel p-list file?  inside my user folder,
>> library folder, then in the preference folder?  Never did it and needed to
>> check first...
>>
>> thanks  jake

> Look for an Excel preferences file; drag it to the desktop, then
> relaunch Excel. That might fix it.
>
> Kirk

>> having trouble with the excel formatting pallette disappearing beyod my
>> reach....

 From what I remember of Excel, from years ago, isn't that standard
behavior for it?
With Excel, the grid starts at top left of the screen, and goes to the
right as well as downward, off screen. That's so you can have as many
horizontal entries as you need, and make as many columns as you need.

As I recall, it's the user that places the limit on the grid pattern
size after he uses it and established how many columns and rows there
will be, by identifying them. If there are more than fits the monitor
screen, the grid does run off-screen and you can scroll to get to where
you need to be.

But, maybe you are thinking of something entirely different...

keith whaley
- last used my Excel that came with Office 98!  :-)