[X4U] Tiger Apr 29th

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Thu Apr 14 07:27:47 PDT 2005

Daniel,

Thanks for responding to my comments on Location x. Let me see if I can
remember some of the quirks. I have to quit Mail before switching
locations, which is annoying. Location X crashes or goes haywire every
once in a while. The menu bar icon will be stuck or it will disappear
and I will need to relaunch the application. I'm sorry I can't be more
specific about that. I have a hard time saving changes to a particular
location. Maybe it's me or maybe the interface is not intuitive enough.
So in Mail in one of my locations I have all three of my e-mail
accounts listed, but only two in the other. I haven't had time to
explore that problem. Again in Mail, for a while I couldn't get my
customized toolbar, window size, orientation, columns, which mailbox
triangles are open - any of those little customizations to stick. I
would make the changes and whenever I switched location the changes
would be lost. Eventually I was able to solve that problem, but it
wasn't obvious and I don't even remember how I did it.

Basically it works. I use it everyday. But I feel like it needs
refinement or better integration into the operating system. Or I need
to put in some time reading the manuel and figuring this program out,
which I shouldn't have to do.

Jim