[X4U] Windows 2000 File Sharing Vanished

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Fri Apr 15 13:22:16 PDT 2005

On 4/15/05 12:24 PM, "Doug LaBore" <dlabore at mn.rr.com> wrote:

> Item 1
> It seems to me that the 1st thing you must do is confirm that all machines
> can communicate with every other machine.
>
> Jot down the IP # of each machine ( both Mac & PC) and than see it you can
> "ping" the PC from the Mac via the terminal window in OS X

Worked fine with network utility

> Item 2
> The PC firewall is accessible via the PC control panel "security" icon

Hmmm... Couldn't find this on win2000...any ideas?

ALSO: I set up the ftp server on windows and was easily able to ftp into it
from the mac!

- but every time with the network finder tab - I still get the same error
below.....

- * IS there a service that I need to double check turning on on win2k?