[X4U] Let's start the FUD presses.

Jamie Kahn Genet jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz
Sat Apr 16 01:57:51 PDT 2005

<robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> There are some classic quotes in this piece
>
> http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/macosx_tiger.asp
>
> That isn't a complaint about Tiger, per se: It's a high-quality release. But
> Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) was arguably a bigger advance over the initial
> release of XP than Tiger is over Mac OS X 10.3. My issue here is with
> marketing, not with reality.

I like:

"Tiger may lack some of the niceties that make Windows more appealing to
new users"

But right afterwards he contradicts (by and large) himself by saying:

"but [Tiger] does reward those with existing computer skills with a
minimalist yet elegant user interface that, as advertised, "gets out of
the way" and lets you get your job done"

Huh.

Plus, I'm simply amazed he _never_ mentions Automator in the article.
Not an AppleScript user I guess, but you don't have to be to find it a
fantastic productivity tool. I'm flabbergasted he makes no mention of
this key feature of Tiger.

Not a article I'll take much notice off, but unfortunately some of his
reader may not be so well informed, or will gloss over the deficiencies
of his writing in favour of their personal bias.

Regards,
 Jamie Kahn Genet