[X4U] Keyboard Shortcuts

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun Apr 17 00:53:51 PDT 2005

On 04/17/05, Stroller <MacMonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2005, at 3:59 am, John Baltutis wrote:
>>On 04/16/05, Stroller <MacMonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>>> Oh, there are probably lots of them, it's just that Apple never tell
>>> anyone what their keyboard shortcuts are, so we all have to guess.
>>
>> Then, try Finder->Help->Mac Help-> and search on shortcuts. Copy and
>> Paste in your favorite text editor, and print out your own list. It'll only
>> be two or three pages long.
>
> Thank you for illustrating my point. Instead of my Mac telling what key
> to press for the shortcut I want, I have to go & look it up in three
> pages of printout which are Around Here Somewhere (tm), probably under
> my desk, or in the big vertical filing system in front of that filing
> cabinet I keep meaning to use.

Your point was that Apple never tells anyone what their keyboard shortcuts
are. So I answered that.

Now you want it to talk to you. Since your computer isn't HAL, how the
blazes do you expect it to know what the heck you want and then tell you?
Gimme a break. Did you ever look at the MicroSloth apps and their byzantine
shortcuts? There's no way the computer going to be that intelligent.
Remember, artificial intelligence is an oxymoron.