[X4U] Keyboard Shortcuts (was: OS X Update 10.3.9 A Change in Safari)

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sun Apr 17 07:40:40 PDT 2005

>>>Why not just look next to the Menu Item's title?

>>Because in order to do this I have to either:
>>- take my hand off the keyboard & use the mouse to open the menu item.
>>- press CTRL-F2 (without accidentally hitting CTRL-F1 on the way
>>there, thereby disabling keyboard access) and then right-arrow
>>several times, in order to find the correct menu item.

>You might want to try iKey.
>
><http://scriptsoftware.com/ikey/>

Programs that run Macros are great for when you know ahead of time
what it is that you are going to be wanting to automate and when you
are going to want to do something over and over. But what the user is
asking for is the ability to easily access the menus via keyboard
shortcuts. Imagine not having a mouse and being able to maneuver the
menus. A user does not have to ever have used a menu item and yet it
is still readily available only using your eyes and your fingers on
the keyboard.
--

Robert Ameeti

A Supercomputer is a computer that runs an endless loop in two seconds.