[X4U] files not launching

Jim Warthman jim.warthman at affinity-systems-inc.com
Sun Apr 17 11:51:18 PDT 2005

On 2005-04-17 8:38 AM, "Andy Hannen" <andy.hannen at virgin.net> wrote:

>> I have just transferred/installed stuff to a new computer and to my
>> pleasant surprise everything except one thing is be working so far. I
>> am being driven to distraction because photoshop files including ones
>> 'freshly  made' will not open when double clicked.No other of dozens of
>> other application has any problems opening. get info shows photoshop as
>> the application of choice, I have trashed preference files, I have
>> 'repaired permissions' and even run disk warrior for good measure.
>> Double clicking on a photoshop file will launch photoshop and one click
>> will bring it to the front but stubbornly it will not open the file.
>> ANy idea anyone?
>>
>> Jan
>>
>> 10.3.7 photoshop CS
>
> I had the same (still unresolved) problem since upgrading from 7 to CS.
> I thought it was a Photoshop bug and was waiting for the update (silly me!)
>
> Andt

I had the same problem, and solved it without re-installing Photoshop. Here
is a FAQ that helped me:

   http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329996.html

(Note: the FAQ has a space between "Scripting" and "Additions",  which is
incorrect.)

According to this FAQ, one solution is, indeed, to re-install Photoshop. But
for me, the other solution was simpler, and worked. Find a copy of a file
called "Adobe Unit Types" (search your old computer) scripting addition and
put it into the <Hard Drive>/Library/ScriptingAdditions/ folder. Then
restart your machine.

Let us know if this solves your problem.

Enjoy!

-- Jim