[X4U] Always starts up in OS 9

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Sun Apr 17 20:08:45 PDT 2005

Sounds like your OSX system may not be functioning so the Mac is
defaulting to the next available OS at startup.

Do you get the Mac with a question mark for a few seconds at startup?

Is OSX/OS9 on the same volume?

Have you tried diagnostic tools over the drive's directory, like
DiskWarrior or Apple's DiskUtility. Have you tried repairing permissions?

Is your OSX system clearly selected when you go into the OS9 "Startup
Disk" Control Panel?

Coj

Deborah Puerini <lovesalsa at cox.net>

Howdy there X4Uers

Every time I shut down then start up again, I get booted into OS 9,
even when I go to startup disk and specify my OS X volume.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? Hoping it's something real simple!

Thanks a lot.

Deb in Rhode Island
--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it."