[X4U] Re: Let's start the FUD presses.

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Apr 18 09:09:31 PDT 2005

On Apr 16, 2005, at 12:39 AM, Timothy Luoma wrote:

> I took apart as many as I could before I just got exhausted by the
> weight of his sheer absurdity.

Maybe this cnet article will make you smile (it did me)
<http://news.com.com/An+early+peek+at+Longhorn/2100-1016-5671586.html?
part=dtx&tag=ntop&tag=nl.e703>

Hope that URLstill works after going through the mail.

A few quotes from the article:

"Allchin showed off several key features that make the new OS stand out
from prior versions. A "quick search pane," for example, allows users
to type queries and instantly see matching files."

" In both look and form, the search mechanism is similar to the
Spotlight feature in Apple Computer's Mac OS X Tiger, which goes on
sale later this month."

(Sit down before you read the next one)

"Allchin stressed that Microsoft has broken new ground in Longhorn. For
example, document icons are no longer a hint of the type of file, but
rather a small picture of the file itself. The icon for a Word
document, for example, is a tiny iteration of the first page of the
file."

(However do they do it!)

Wonder what Thurrott has to say about those amazing features.

-Mike