[X4U] Descent Job tracking software [TAN]

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Apr 18 20:03:59 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm under urgent command to forecast a budget figure by the end of the day
for a job tracking software that runs on OSX.

It needs to be pretty sophisticated/robust.

We currently use Lotus Notes for email and I've built a Lotus database
that keeps track of where our jobs are at (recording actual and forecast
deadlines) and helps designers to know what the specs for the job are.

We are being pushed towards an online proofing system (through our
Pre-Press dept) that our clients will be able to view from the web and see
where their jobs are at - meaning we'll have to go to a server-based
workflow. Unfortunately the systems that Pre-Press are looking at dun't
talk with Lotus Notes and therefore we're having to look elsewhere for a
solution.

The job tracking system needs to be able to produce reports (exactly what
reports I haven't been told).

When they asked for a cost for such a piece of software so that we can
budget for it I said, how long is a piece of string?

So, I'm after a ballpark figure for anything of the like - urgently.

I wish I could give more details of what is required but I just don't have
the time right now to get myself up to speed with it all.

Many thanks,

Coj