[X4U] Font Problem

Keith Whaley keith_w at dslextreme.com
Tue Apr 19 10:16:10 PDT 2005

Richard Nagle wrote:

> Well its very strange trying to delete fonts,
> from apple font book....
>
> Some delete, and some don't you have to manual
> find them in the font folder and remove them.
>
> Why?, I did repair all permission, and ran disk-warrior
> however, still the fonts don't want to delete,
> and did in fact use batchmod app as well... still several
> will not delete. So, had to remove that collection.
>
> Anyone ?
>
> Thanks-
> Richard

A wild guess from a store of knowledge I've amassed over the years...if
it can still be trusted:

A Mac depends on a small number of specific fonts for it's various
warnings, announcments and other items of information about it's general
health. Apple has essentially 'hard-wired' them into the ROM (I think is
is...) and you cannot remove them by any normal means at all. That's why
they keep appearing in spite of your best efforts.

So I believe...

keith whaley