[X4U] Can't view page source in Safari

Preston Kutzner grdnwsl at mrichi.com
Wed Apr 20 11:44:23 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 10:46 -0700, John Baltutis wrote:
> On 04/20/05, Preston Kutzner <grdnwsl at mrichi.com> wrote:
> > Again, in a
> > nutshell, the user can't view page source from Safari when loading a
> > page.  However, if the user re-loads the page, Safari is then able to
> > view the page source.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> Seems to be normal behavior. There's no source available until the page
> finishes loading. Select a new page, click on View, and note View Source
> option is grayed out until the after the page loads. BTW, upgrade to 10.3.9
> and pages should load faster. Many speed enhancements with Safari 1.3.

The problem isn't so much not being able to view the source before the
page is loaded.  The user is still unable to view the source after the
page has finished loading completely.  However, if the user hits the
reload button, he is then able to view the page source.  Viewing page
source shouldn't require that the user re-load the page before being
able to view the source.  I don't have this problem with my, or any
other installation of Safari in the office.