[X4U] Audio Books on iPod

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Thu Apr 21 05:25:06 PDT 2005

Yes, I saw this script mentioned in MacAddict. I converted a bunch of
audio books this way, but it doesn't always work right. Digital
artifacts? I get loud bursts of static every once in a while. Also I'm
using an iPod shuffle. Maybe that's the problem. Sometimes the
bookmarks function correctly, sometimes when I come back to the file
I'm at the beginning and sometimes I seem to be in some random place.
I've given up on bookmarks and am just using the pause method. It's
safer. It's very frustrating to be at the wrong place in an audio book
and then have to spend 10 min scrolling forward and back trying to find
your place.

Jim