[X4U] Password Expiration?

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Thu Apr 21 14:19:17 PDT 2005

On Apr 21, 2005, at 1:21 PM, Peter Krug wrote:

> [...] any computer with patient information must have its password
> expire every 120 days [...]

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that actually Mac OS X is
superior in this respect to Windows. By default, neither supports
expiry of local user passwords; however, Mac OS X fully supports
OpenLDAP and Kerberos, as well as (at least in Tiger) Active Directory,
and password expiry is available in all three. But this is a feature
which would be implemented by the network admin, not by the local user.

<0x0192>