[X4U] VPC 6 and Tiger

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 21 14:46:22 PDT 2005

On 4/21/05 11:37 AM, Robert Ameeti <Robert at Ameeti.net> wrote:

>> Apple has already referenced 10.4.1 as a system requirement for one of its
>> recently-announced apps, so you know that's coming soon after Tiger is
>> released.
>
> I belive if you go back and check that, you will find that the
> original post of requiring 10.4.1 was a typo.

A typo is a mistake due to mechanical means. This assumes that someone
accidentally typed .1 on the end of 10.4

I don't think that's likely and I think what you meant is that it was a
mistake by the person who posted the web page. As in, they *thought* the
requirement was 10.4.1 but they were incorrect.

I think the reality is that 10.4.1 *is* the requirement, the person making
the page listed it correctly, and after everyone noticed that the
requirement is an OS version that hasn't even been publicly announced, they
changed it. The app in question is DVD Studio Pro and the specs are for
playing back HD DVDs. It also lists a requirement of Apple DVD Player 4.6.
I've read that the version of DVD Player that is installed by Tiger is 4.5.
Hmmm, I wonder where version 4.6 comes from? Maybe ... 10.4.1?

Eddie Hargreaves