[X4U] Password Expiration?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Thu Apr 21 21:02:28 PDT 2005

I've talked to our Admin regarding this.  He tells me that these
options will authenticate the user to the network, not control the
login of the user into the user space on the computer itself.  I need
password expiration at the login screen.  Maybe he is wrong though,
I'll check into it.

Thanks,

Peter

On Apr 21, 2005, at 5:19 PM, Alex wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2005, at 1:21 PM, Peter Krug wrote:
>
>> [...] any computer with patient information must have its password
>> expire every 120 days [...]
>
> I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that actually Mac OS X is
> superior in this respect to Windows. By default, neither supports
> expiry of local user passwords; however, Mac OS X fully supports
> OpenLDAP and Kerberos, as well as (at least in Tiger) Active
> Directory, and password expiry is available in all three. But this is
> a feature which would be implemented by the network admin, not by the
> local user.

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.9
pkrug at mac.com