[X4U] Password Expiration?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Thu Apr 21 21:24:58 PDT 2005

On Apr 21, 2005, at 5:43 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

> What's your LAN configuration? Which computers and OS Xs? Is there a
> server
> involved?
> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=151419>: "Apple has
> built
> an open, extensible directory services architecture, called Open
> Directory,
> into MacOSX and MacOSX Server. ŠOpen Directory can also enforce such
> policies as password expiration and minimum length."

No server (yet).  Perhaps I can use this info to weasle an Xserve out
of the IT folks.  But or current plans are to migrate to an
Oracle/Win2K solution and access using M$ RDC for the Macs.  Now, we're
just a bunch of desktop computers (10.3.x) that each grab a copy of a
database every morning and use it to do our work.  Each computer has
logins for all the techs and many of the admins as well as supervisors.
  I need user password control at the login window to make the IT folks
happy.

Thanks,

Peter