[X4U] Password Expiration?

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Thu Apr 21 21:43:24 PDT 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 12:02 AM, Peter Krug wrote:

> I need password expiration at the login screen.

As Jerry pointed out, this appears to be possible from the CLI using
chpass. However, I'm not sure how chpass interacts with the local
NetInfo database, since the expire time value appears neither in
NetInfo Manager, nor in nidump -- e.g., try

nidump -r /name=users/uid=501 -t <machine_name>/local

(Perhaps because it hasn't been set? Yet shadow passwd appears,
although it hasn't been set either.) But I know very little on the
subject. Maybe you should ask this question on the x-unix list...

<0x0192>