[X4U] Did your iPod stop working correctly after an update?

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sun Apr 24 16:03:59 PDT 2005

>At 14:25 -0700 24/4/05, Robert Ameeti wrote:
>>Chris Breen, a columnist, is gathering data from users whose iPods
>>have stopped functioning following an Apple update. Specifically he
>>is looking for input from users whose iPods are no longer mounting
>>to the desktop, nor are they recognized by iTunes when connected
>>via the FireWire port. If this situation has happened to you,
>>please read his request for more info.
>>
>>I personally know of 4 iPods that broke following an update but
>>Apple so far is saying that they all just happened to die
>>coincidentally at that time.
>>
>><http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mac911/2005/04/firewireipod/index.php>
>>
>>Identifying your iPod correctly may help figure this out quicker.
>><http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61688>
>
>Yes mine did fall over briefly.
>
>But a simple reset got it going again.

A reset will often fix iPods that go awry. The situation that is
being investigated is where the user is unable to reset their iPod as
well.
--

Robert Ameeti

It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others.

- John Andrew Holmes