[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 8, Issue 66

Dave Checkman dcheckman at cox.net
Sun Apr 24 18:55:05 PDT 2005

Kansas T. wrote ...

>if you have an aiff file and you have itunes create an .mp3 file, the
>original .aiff files remain.  Correct ?     you have to make the
>decision, to DELTE the .aiff file your self.  And I think iTunes does
>ask you "are you sure" before you delete ?

Well, K.T., it may well have done so. I don't recall. Whatever
happened, it didn't forcefully enough make me sit up and realize what
I might be doing as I proceeded. Yep, as part of a train of what I
might call "anticipatory steps" one (at least speaking for myself)
wants to get on with the immediate task at hand and never mind the
"lead-ups".

There's something psychologically askew here about tying so closely
that irreversible deletion decision to  getting on with a more
immediate task (getting an MP3 made). Granted, this applies only to
idiots like me. We folks need a picket fence set up to protect us
from our own immediately pressing myopic concerns.

Dave